We're Prego!

Our spin on our PREGO announcement. Baby Marion coming Fall 2018 and we couldn't be more excited! 




It had been 4 cycles (for those in the TTC community) since Jude was stillborn in August, when we found out that we were expecting! What a happy and welcomed miracle. I had been adhering to the Making Babies book program following my two cycles of healing...and just as it suggests, if you comply for three months (not always easy!) then your odds of conceiving are higher. Yeah! (Note: I plan to write a post about this program and tips/support for those struggling with infertility. It can feel like such a blind and scary path, and if there is anyway I can help alleviate some of that pain and stress for you, I will!)

With this being our 4th pregnancy in less than 2 years, I wanted to announce early and with some humor. Why? Well, celebrating life is always important. I waited until after 16 weeks to share our pregnancy with Jude and my wish afterwards was that we had collectively honored her sooner. I also knew that many people have become invested in our story with knowing our infertility struggles and the passing of our girl, so my hope was that the more people that knew earlier, the more prayers and positive support we would have with this pregnancy. Which makes us SO grateful! The humor comes into play because we know our pregnancies are delicate, and Wes and I wanted people to know that we feel comfortable and excited about this baby and we're ready for the world to share in our news.

One of my biggest fears in sharing was that I didn't want people to project or instill fear onto us and ask "scary" questions. I wasn't quite sure what those scary questions were, but I would know them when they popped up. I specifically didn't want to have to sell anyone on my level of comfort or happiness -- I just wanted them to understand and be happy as they would for any other announcement. Which I am pleased to report, most people were. :)


My goal now is to use this blog to share updates, thoughts, projects and more, so I hope you will follow along on this journey! I welcome any comments or feedback you may have. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginger Travels :: St. Lucian Vacation

Healing in the New Year

Blossoms by Ginger :: Easy Garden DIY