Blossoms by Ginger :: Easy Garden DIY

I love easy garden DIY projects that are quick, but useful 




So I love shopping at the Home Depot nursery, I usually find just what I am looking for and then some. So while I was there on my monthly (?), weekly (?) visit, I visited the plant clearance section. Did you know they have one of those?! It is my fav! Well, I came across this giant plant at 50% off! 



Look how beautiful and healthy it is!! How was this even on clearance I asked myself? Well really, I didn't ask too many questions, because I swooped it right up. When I got to the check stand, it actually ended up being marked down from $17.99 to $4! SCORE! I left the store with an extra pep in my step for sure. 

I usually do my gardening on Wednesdays. Nothing beats getting over the hump of each week by taking time to be with my plants and in the fresh air. 

On to the project...


For Christmas, I received an adorable gift from my MIL in the cutest tin basket. I knew instantly I would repurpose it for my garden because it is the perfect container for plants. 




So if you know me, you know I love vibrant colors, so I decided it was important to paint the container to have it match the rest of my garden. 


I went with a neon/bright green color. It turned out so cute! 




The majority of the plant was pretty well bonded together, so you will note in the images that the container is a little heavy on one side. It is ok though because it will all grow in beautifully. 

My point in sharing this post is to encourage you to find containers, vases, old coffee mugs, etc. around you home and re-purpose them for your garden. Especially if you are a succulent grower, then you know how rapidly these plants create babies which in turn need to be replanted. I know I was running out of places to store and grow the new additions to my garden, and that is when I got creative. 

A quick recap of this project: 

  1. Find a container around your home you can re-purpose 
  2. Either buy a new succulent(s) or pull some of your baby succulents from your yard for re-planting 
  3. If you want to give your container a refresh, then grab some spray paint, fabric, etc. from around your home (or buy new) to give a new look to your item 
  4. Conduct the craft project, let dry
  5. Plant the succulents/flowers/you name it in the container with fresh soil and maybe some plant food, water and enjoy!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginger Travels :: St. Lucian Vacation

Healing in the New Year