Healthy Tips for Travel

A guide of what to get (and pack) for your upcoming trip...




I love to travel. It is one of my favorite things to do. Ever. I recently took a trip to London and Paris (see here for the trip recap) and a few items really helped save the day. There are so many things to remember to pack (especially for a long flight) so I have broken down a few of my favorite items here for you...



Neck Pillow for the plane. Flights can be long, and without proper neck support while you nap you could get there feeling not rested and sore. Yikes! Here is a neck pillow I recommend. Traveler tip...buy this in advance and not at the airport to save yourself some money. Click here to see my favorite one.

Snacks. These are always important. You could end up falling asleep and missing food delivery. I am a professional at this. Also, you never know what the meal on the plane will be like and if you have a layover timing could be tight and it might be a long while before you are able to eat. So snacks are important. I suggest choosing hearty (but some sweet too..it is your vacation!) to help keep you feeling more full. I recommend: mixed nuts, Kind granola bars, some sort of sweet treat (I love fruit snacks) and beef jerky. These items have a good mix of protein and are not overly loaded with sugar and carbs which will make you hungry again faster. 
Water jug. I always used to buy a big bottle of water at the airport. Then my husband taught me a trick...bring your own water bottle, empty for security of course. Most airports have drinking fountains and even better they now have a water bottle refill station. Perfect! See here for my favorite water bottle. Travel tip: Clip it on to your pack for easy carry. Stay hydrated my friends.

Lavender eye pillow. Eye pillows are great for travel because they block out light and let people know you are resting. By choosing a pillow with lavender it also helps relax and get you more comfortable. Plus it smells good. Click here for one of my favs.

Natural Throat Spray. Traveling can compromise your immune system. There are germs everywhere! Try this natural silver infused throat spray that tastes like water. 1-2 sprays daily.


    Vitamin C. Again, our immune system. Nothing is worse than coming home from travel and being sick. No thank you. Take a reputable brand vitamin every day during travel (and a few days before and after if you can). Click for my favorite brand

Hand sanitizer. So I have been hearing a lot of bad things about the different gel sanitizers. I recommend a natural spray by The Honest Company. I love the smell too! 

Hangover Tea. Vacations and travel tend to lead to a little excess beverage consumption. You know it’s true. Try this tea by Your Tea. I love this brand! 

Travel Bag. There are so many choices here, but finding one that will accommodate your travel needs is definitely helpful! I recommend checking out this waterproof backpack by The Ridge or this business friendly bag by Lo & Sons. 



Wallet. I swear by this wallet and I use it as an everyday. BUT if you prefer your large companion then you still might consider this one from The Ridge for travel since it is small and can fit easily into any bag or pocket. 




I know everyone has their preference on travel items, but I hope you find my suggestions helpful. My goal here is to help enhance your experience. Happy Exploration to you! 

PS: If you want to read about my recent trip to London + Paris, click here. View the photo album here.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ginger Travels :: St. Lucian Vacation

Healing in the New Year